Awesome movies always have great soundtracks–so why can’t books have soundtracks too?
When I write, it’s hard for me to focus when it’s completely silent. Just like how movies would be boring without music, writing can be dull when you don’t have anything in the background. So I have tons of different playlists for all the different scenes in my book. Here are some suggestions of songs for your writing playlists.
If I’m writing something sad or emotional, I listen to my ‘sad’ playlist. Good songs for this:
- Arwen’s Vigil by the Piano Guys
- Rosemary’s Theme from ‘The Giver’
- Titanium/Pavane by the Piano Guys
- Song of the Caged Bird by Lindsey Stirling
- Something Wild by Lindsey Stirling and Andrew McMahon
- Where Do We Go by Lindsey Stirling and Carah Faye
When I’m writing a happy or excited scene, I listen to songs like these:
- Better Place by Rachel Platten
- Sky Full of Stars by the Piano Guys
- A Thousand Years by the Piano Guys
- Stand By You by Rachel Platten
If I’m in an intense moment, I listen to these songs:
- The Battle from the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe soundtrack
- The Arena by Lindsey Stirling
- Moonlight by the Piano Guys
- Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling and Lizzy Hale
What are your favorite songs? Do you have any that you listen to when you write, read, or draw?